NOTE to Parents of new students
When you arrive for the 10am service, please stop at the Explorers' table in the lobby. There you will register your child, receive more information, and obtain a name tag and folder. You will fill out a short questionnaire about your child to make sure we provide him/her with the safest environment possible. For example, we are very aware of food allergies. We may occasionally have a snack, but Explorers is a nut free environment.
Divine Peace Explorers is a worship and learning experience for children ages 2 through 6th grade. Children attend the "upstairs" worship service and then go to Explorers after the children's sermon.
Younger Explorers meet in the lower level of the church building. Children in grades 4-6 meet in the main level meeting room for their lesson. They join the large group for worship and activities.
Teachers are experienced and Bible-college trained.
The typical structure for 1st grade to 6th grade is
- Meet in small groups to learn the lesson (15 - 20 minutes).
- Join the entire group for worship and group activity. (20 minutes). Activities include music, craft, drama, science, or game.
Ages 2-5 meet separately. They learn a Bible lesson, work through a craft, sing songs, and enjoy other activities.
On occasion, the full group sings at the worship service on Sundays. Exporers participate in service projects at least two times a year.
1) Explorers will learn about Jesus as their Savior in a environment to which they want to return.
2) Explorers are taught the basic structures of worship with the ability to wiggle, giggle, and express themselves. They also are taught a Bible story in an age-appropriate way.
3) Explorers are exposed to a proper balance of God's law and gospel in the Bible stories they are taught.
4) Explorers are motivated to love and serve others by Christ's love of them.